January 1, 2012

Retrospective.

2011 was a wonderful year filled with so many changes. I made it through my senior year of high school and met some great friends through that experience. I traveled across the Northwest and grew increasingly close with my family. I spent time on a sailboat, and walked through woods. I laid on the sand in June. I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show live. And in August, I made a last minute decision to move to New York City.

 Since moving there, I have sat at the Met for hours, hailed cabs after midnight, attended a rave in Times Square, taken the train from Grand Central Station, gone running on the Brooklyn Bridge, and stood in Miu Miu with a glass of champagne in hand. I started two new jobs, challenged myself academically, read loads of great poetry and literature, and met some of the most important people in my life. I have learned so much about myself this past year. What I find joy in, what kind of people I'm drawn to, where I want to be, and where I want to go. Here's to the old year, and here's to the new!